Sunday, October 19, 2008

Exploring

Another thing I love about my bike: I love love love love LOVE exploring.

Today I explored one of the bike paths here in town. I went from start to finish. I rode through the Nature Center that this path runs through, from the Home Depot to the rich business area on East **st, from the business area past the movie theater area, to the suburb area that the path ends in. It really is a nice little path.

I rode a total of 32 miles on this trip. It's really been a while since I've gone on a very long bike ride, and I obviously didn't eat enough before I left, so I came close to passing out several times on the ride. I came back and ate like a pig and automatically felt better, ha.

I read somewhere that with my current weight, in order to be able to undergo such a long ride I'd have to consume somewhere near 3000 calories a day. I'm a fatty, and as a fatty I eat like one sometimes, so normally that isn't difficult for me to do. However, when you're poor and don't have many food options to choose from and must sometimes ration your food, it's hard to accomplish that. Maybe I'll research how I can get the calories I need for biking when I have such a small budget. Hmm...

No comments: